Sunday, April 29, 2012

N is for Nostalgia

As I was leaving the store today Caleb spotted a little piece of nostalgia on a shelf, and it immediately took me back to the days of my childhood.  If you grew up in the 80s you might remember the popular candy that was fun to eat, pop rocks.  Remember the shock you gave your mouth when the candy melted in your mouth?  The crackling and popping noise it made only added to the fun.  Perfect for when you were looking for a change of candy pace.  What about when you added them to a carbonated beverage?  You could explode the cap right off.

My favorite flavor pop rocks was the strawberry.  They now sell them in other flavors like Watermelon, Cotton Candy, Blue Razz. Bubble Gum, and (hello) CHOCOLATE.  I have yet to taste the chocolate flavor, but rest assured when I do you'll be the first to know.

You are never too old for pop rocks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...