Saturday, April 28, 2012

M is for Mini Miracles

March. Walk. Run.  It was your choice.  Today, I joined the hundreds of others marching for babies at the March of Dimes event.  I decided to walk this one.

I was a little worried last night if I would be able to participate in the walk.  A couple of weeks ago my right foot started hurting.  It felt like a bruise on top right where my shoe laces tie and very painful to walk on.  I did manage to get in a couple of 2 mile runs the past couple of weeks.  The pain would subside during the run but returned not long after.  On top of that yesterday, I pulled a muscle in my leg from the teacher races during field day.  That night I went to bed early exhausted and in pain.  (Thus the reason for my 2 posts today since I didn't get one in yesterday.)  I remember just before falling to sleep saying a quick prayer for God to take away my pain so I would be able to do this walk today.

When I woke up this morning I felt no pain at all in my feet.  My leg was still a little sore but not bad.  I sat up in bed and put my feet on the floor.  I stood up and walked around for minute and still no pain.  Seriously, I had been dealing with this pain for 2 weeks and thinking of going to the doctor about it.   Amazing!  God is so great!  I have been thanking him all day for my mini miracle.

When I signed up for the walk I thought it was for 5 miles.  Turns out it was only a couple of miles.  I could have ran this one but decided to take it easy and walk.  I'm good to go now and will be ready to get a good run in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...