Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I is for Ice Cream Man

The children call him Mr. Dan.  Mr. Dan is our neighborhood ice cream man.  When I hear the infamous ice cream truck jingle coming through the neighborhood I know it's Mr. Dan armed with an endless supply of frozen treats.  You can hear his truck as it turns onto the street and within a matter of seconds children come out of nowhere.

As soon as Mr. Dan stops his fire engine red ice cream truck a crowd gathers around.  On some days I even slip out and gather around Mr. Dan's ice cream truck with the children.  On the outside of his truck displays a yummy selection of treats.  Bomb pops, fudge bars, ice cream sandwiches, sundae crunch, big dipper, double lemon chill, and even the favorite push up that I loved as a kid are some of our choices.

As I sit here writing about ice cream, I can't help but wish that Mr. Dan would make his appearance.  I would love to have one of those delicious, chocolatey fudgsicles right about now.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...