Saturday, April 23, 2011

Road Trip

Drove from Louisiana to Arkansas.  Here is a recap of my trip on the way there.

First hour:
  •  Left home at 5:30 p.m.
  • Spent first 30 min. setting up GPS, getting gas, cash, and food for everyone at Sonic.
  •  Sang off key with hubby to Footloose playing on the radio.

Second hour:




  •  Chris gets a speeding ticket in Bradley, AR.
  •  Had contest with Chris and Caleb in who could hold an atomic fireball the   longest in their mouth.
  •  Made a prediction with Caleb as to what time we would get there. I said 8:30 pm. He said 8:20 pm. 
  •  First bathroom stop.

Third hour:




  • Visited Bill Clinton's 2nd childhood home in Hope, AR.
  • Played a math mind game which Caleb started and totally amazed me that he could guess the correct number I was thinking of.
  • Sang along to Queen.

Fourth hour:




  • Realized the GPS is taking us the long way.
  • Texting with Caleb on our cell phones when we had a signal.
  • Praying that we don't hit a deer on the long, desolate, dark, eerie highway.
  • Roll windows down because Caleb is passing gas.
  • Caleb asks, "When are we going to get there?"
  • Finally arrive at destination at 9:15 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and following. I am glad you found my blog also!

    ReplyDelete

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...