Thursday, May 10, 2012

Y is for Ya-Yas

Friends are God's way of taking care of us.  Today, I want to pay a special tribute to my ya-yas.  My ya-yas are my special friendships that have evolved over time.  Friendships take time.  Time to get to know each other, time to build memories, and time to share each other's life.

It got me thinking: no matter how busy we are, we need to make time to spend quality time with our friends. Family is important, but my friends are the people who keep me sane, make me laugh, and allow me to be who I need to be. Friends (real friends, I mean) are those who take your mind off all your problems or who let you unload your problems onto them.  When you have that terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, you turn to your friends and they'll crack up a joke that calms your nerves.  Well, at least mine do, and I love them to bits for it.

To all my special ya-yas out there, I just really wanted to express how much I value your friendship.  I'm holding a glass of wine right now.  Here's a toast to our friendship and girlfriend therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...