Tuesday, May 8, 2012

W is for Windsurfer's Wife

My past vacations got me thinking about what it's like to be married to a windsurfer.  Most of our family vacations are centered around the "windsurfing" vacation as this is my husband's favorite activity.  I can recall many amazing places I have been with my husband.  From Aruba, Mexico, and Hawaii to the shores of Oregon, California, Texas, and Florida, I have traveled along while my husband windsurfed in the places he considered a windsurfer's paradise.

Back when I first met my husband, I did attempt to learn the windsurfing sport.  I soon learned that this was not my thing.  It could possibly have something to do with Chris trying to teach me the sport, but in the middle of our lesson he took off with the wind, and left me stranded in the middle of the lake.  Maybe I just don't get the adrenaline rush he experiences.  Or perhaps it had to do with the fact that I am just not that much of a water sport person.

Whatever the reasons, I have given up on trying to learn this sport and have focused instead on the traveling experiences I have gained by going to places I probably would have never gone to if I hadn't met my husband.

I'm thankful for the amazing experiences I've had and wouldn't trade it for anything.  Being a windsurfer's wife has enhanced my love of traveling, and it's a blessing to be able to share some of these experiences with my children too.

Our adventures are far from over though.  There are still more places to discover and more places to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...