Monday, May 7, 2012

V is for Videos

I'm so glad I made home videos of my children when they were younger.  Not long ago I was cleaning out one of my closets when I came across a bag with some old VHS home videos.  My husband decided to buy a DVD player that was both VHS and DVD compatible, and we decided to convert the VHS videos to DVD.

I'm thankful I took the time to capture the moments when my children were small.  One special video I came across was with my son Nicholas when he was 5 years old.  This was also the time my second child was born.  Nicholas has Down Syndrome and experienced developmental delays typical of what was expected.  He received early intervention services which included physical, speech, and developmental therapies.  Shortly after Nicholas turned 6 he suddenly stopped talking and has not spoken since.  It's been over 10 years now and over time the memory of him talking has become fuzzy.

Thanks to the home videos I made when Nicholas and Caleb were little, I am able to remember these days all over.  Here is a short clip of one that I enjoy watching of Nicholas singing with his dad and his baby brother.









No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...