Friday, August 5, 2011

A New School Year

Well, here it is.  Only a few more days left until the new school year begins.  I along with many other teachers have been busily preparing my classroom for the first day of school.  I'm lucky that I have 2 months off in the summer ( I'm remembering when it used to be 3 months), but it's hard to get back in teacher mode when it's time to go back after all that time off.  This week I got it.  I step into my classroom, start making plans, and then I'm off and rolling. 

One thing that really drives me nuts is when I have to set up my computers.  It takes so much time and the next thing I know hours have passed and that's all I have managed to do.  Not only am I having to deal with a computer that's not working, but I acquired another one that was unexpected.  Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it was a new one, but it's an old one and now I have to figure out what to do with it and where to put it.  I decided to change out the one that's not working with the old one for now.  Hopefully the wonderful tech guy will come soon and get my newer one fixed!  This really sucks because all of my stuff is saved on that one.

On a brighter note, I also decided to do some painting in my classroom.  This was more fun, and I felt I had accomplished more once I was finished.  I painted my in and out doors, yes the doors really said in and out in HUGE letters, that was painted by the previous teacher.  For some reason my 4th grade students paid more attention and followed the signs than my 3rd graders.  I'm sure the last teacher had more success with that rule than me anyway.  I also made some cute signs for my classroom and replaced the flowers outside of my building with new Fall ones.  OK they are the plastic type flowers, but they put me in a good mood and will last longer.

Although my to do list should be getting smaller it's not!  Just when I finish one thing I think of something else to do.  I haven't even added all the paperwork that needs to be done.  That's another list and another blog in itself.  The count down continues...5 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...