Saturday, August 27, 2011

Half Way Mark

I decided to get up and run at sunrise today as opposed to sunset.  The weatherman told everyone on the news last night that we need to get up at 7a.m. because it was going to be nice, but then get hot by the afternoon again.  What a difference running in the morning is!  I am half way at meeting my goal and ran 1 1/2 miles today.

It's taken me 2 months to get to this point.  I wish I could run every morning, but 7:00 a.m is a big difference from 5:00 a.m. to me and then there's work.  When I get home from work there's the kids and housework to see about.  Somehow, I have managed to carve out 45 minutes for me at the end of most days and follow the advice of a wise person.

I have been thinking about when I want to enter my first 5k and actually run.  Since Fall is just around the corner, I'm thinking that would be the perfect time.  2 months ago I thought maybe springtime, but I do believe I'll be able to run 3 miles soon.  Now, I'm off to buy those new shoes I want and some new running clothes.  As an added bonus to running, I am a now a size smaller!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...