Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Year of Joy

Year of Joy

     Here we are at the beginning of a new year. 2017 was an amazing year with many highlights: Caleb getting his first car, Nicholas graduating high school, Chris and I celebrating our 25th anniversary, finishing my 8th half marathon, and getting to experience my first live Saints football game with my sister in NOLA.
   
     2018 will be a special year for me. It's the year I celebrate turning 50.  Some may say that it is just a number, but I think of 50 as a significant milestone in my life.  I've thought about this a lot. There really isn't one big thing I want to do, like a party. Instead of a birthday I'm going to have a birthyear! I decided to set myself 50 experiences and challenges. It's not a bucket list, but things that I know will bring me JOY and will let me celebrate this wonderful birthyear for longer than one day.  This is my year of joy.  Let the journey begin!





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...