Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Teacher's Reflection In Time Of Tragedy

I have not stopped thinking about the tragedy that struck our country Friday all weekend and what I will do in my classroom now. I take my teaching job very seriously. There is no oath or secret handshake that teachers take to say they dedicate their classrooms to the children that step into them. We do what we do because we love it. I hope I never find myself in the situation that the teachers in Newtown, CT did, but if I did I would do the same as they did and protect the children I serve. So as I step into my classroom tomorrow I will do what I do best, educate the children that walk through my door with love and compassion. I will greet them with a smile and a hug. I will remember that even though I cannot prevent tragedy from happening, I can put my trust in God that he can give me peace and keep me strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Memories of 2019

     Some of my favorite memories of 2019 began with a trip to the Dominican Republic and ended with getting the opportunity to enjoy my you...